About Sutton Ag

 

Serving U.S. agriculture since 1956, Sutton Agricultural Enterprises has been a pioneer in pest bird control and precision planting.  These fields have changed dramatically in recent years and we have stayed at the forefront of developments to continually serve your changing needs and the demands for greater efficiency, economy, and yield.

Established in 1956, W.V. Clow Seed Co. was originally an independent seed dealership with its strongest sales emphasis in vegetable seed for the Salinas Valley. In addition to seed sales, the company helped establish bird control pyrotechnics and Stanhay planters. In 1973, the company was purchased by John Sutton, who maintained Bill Clow's strong tradition of service and product knowledge.

The company name changed to Sutton Agricultural Enterprises in 1982, reflecting the new emphasis: to specialize in the planting and bird control needs of precision agriculture. Building on its reputation for customer service and reliability, the Sutton family expanded the product list to include vacuum seed planters, granular applicators, harvesters, a wider variety of allied products, and a more comprehensive bird control line.

Continual improvements in production agriculture have spurred Sutton Ag’s development of specialized equipment to support this growth. Our motto since the beginning remains our goal today ...“to be specialists for the most critical trade.”

Sutton Agricultural Enterprises, Inc.  1044 Harkins Road  Salinas, CA 93901 USA  831/422-9693